1. Art appreciates in value.
2. Art can be appraised and has a real value.
3. Art is a one-time creation making it unique and rare.
4. Art is accepted by some financial firms as an asset.
5. Art is therapeutic.
6. Art is an expression.
7. Art makes you think.
8. Art can be healing.
9. Art makes up the design of interiors of homes, offices, hospitals, and hotels.
10. Art is a collector's item.
"Online sales of art and antiques were estimated at $5.9 billion in 2019, accounting for 9% of sales in the art market by value.
The bulk of online gallery transactions (77%) connected buyers and sellers who were more than 1,000 kilometers apart."
Source: Art Economics (2020)